Home School Agreement
So that your son benefits from the education that Birkdale High School has to offer, it is important to establish a strong working partnership between all those involved. We are all partners – Students, Parents/Carers and School – and each of us has a vital part to play by being supportive of each other and committed to the success of the partnership.
As a community we:
- Have the right to be safe, to be listened to and to be taken seriously as individuals or representative groups.
- Have the responsibility to respond to the views of others courteously and treat each other with respect and tolerance.
As a parent/carer I agree to:
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines regarding behaviour, uniform, and homework.
- Help my son to fulfil his potential by placing value on, and showing an interest in, his school work.
- Take part in discussions about my son’s progress at parents’ evenings and, on occasions, at meetings that may be requested by the school or a parent/carer.
- Keep the school informed of any matters that may affect my son’s progress, behaviour or wellbeing.
- Ensure my son’s full and regular attendance and punctuality, and contact the school on the first day of any absence, giving school a reason for the absence.
Birkdale High School agrees to:
- Value each student as an individual.
- Create a stimulating and safe working environment, in which success and effort is rewarded.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that caters for the needs of each boy.
- Seek high academic attainment for each boy as well as the full development of his potential.
- Inform parents/carers at an early stage of any concerns about their son.
- Report to parents/carers three times annually on the progress of their son and at parents’ evening.
- Keep parents/carers informed about school matters.
- Set, mark and monitor homework, as well as giving feedback to students on how to improve.
As a student I agree to:
- Work to the best of my ability on all school and homework.
- Behave in a way that doesn’t disrupt the learning of others by following the school’s rules and guidelines.
- Take pride in my appearance by wearing the school uniform correctly.
- Respect school property and my environment.
- Care for everyone in school and the wider community by showing respect, tolerance and courtesy.